[Evolution] # 22 - Mutiny

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
MidnightOdd
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 22 - Mutiny

Post by MidnightOdd » 30 Jul 2013, 06:15

Refraining myself from reading these summaries is killing me...I cant wait for the Hungarian episodes to be subbed!
"I couldn't change you, and you couldn't get rid of me, The Ties That Bind, they'll keep us connected yet apart, and I'll be right here, looking over your shoulder."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

AelitaYumiHotaru
Veteran

Post by AelitaYumiHotaru » 30 Jul 2013, 07:56

Lol, if you think that's hard. I've been trying to steer away from the wikia! My friend(whose a big CLE fan) keeps on telling me they give DETAILED summaries over there. If you think you've been spoiled here enough, compare that to wikia. But then again... Patience! I'm pretty sure Subsonics are real busy with the episodes. You can't blame them if they're late, the episodes are everyday! I can post the Hungarian dub(without subs) if you want, but for now, I'm not.
妈妈可不可以请告诉我 为什么人会变得不一样?那些听说过的美丽日子是真的存在过吗?
早就忘了应该要更努力爱着他 早就忘了心去包容他 自顾自的生活是否假装继续忙?
隐形在你的面具背后充满许多的表情 到最后却始终如一  真的更好吗?
我们要这样,不再看彼此的眼神吗?不再对我讲话吗?不再说你爱我吗?
就算受了伤,眼泪也如雨的下
改变就能解答?改变就能到达?告诉我 妈妈 妈妈

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MidnightOdd
Veteran

Post by MidnightOdd » 30 Jul 2013, 09:13

Thats fine....im surviving...for now. i just hope i can catch these before my break ends but luckily for me i ''obtained'' seasons 3-5 of Yu-Gi-Oh so i should be able to live xD
"I couldn't change you, and you couldn't get rid of me, The Ties That Bind, they'll keep us connected yet apart, and I'll be right here, looking over your shoulder."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 30 Jul 2013, 15:36

A very interesting episode description indeed. My thoughts below.

After reading the long summary all I can say is that I'm disappointed in the LW. Kicking Laura out again is dumb. I agree she did something stupid, but she didn't do it to betray them, she did it to save the world. The fact is that as usual the LW are procrastinating on shutting XANA down. I understand Aelita is trying to contact her mother, but after finally getting through to her a few episodes ago it seems pointless for them to not destroy Tyron's supercomputer. Anthea can find a way to contact her in the real world.

And as XANA gains more source codes things are only going to get worse. I can't blame Laura for trying to end it all. And honestly it's not like she's the first member of the group to do something like this. Heck Aelita does these solo missions all the time. And it feels ridiculous that they're so upset at Laura for getting William possessed (After all it was on Aelita's watch that William was possessed the first time, so even for the experienced it's hard to avoid). Plus it's not like they ever bothered to tell Laura about William being possessed. How can they expect Laura to make good decisions if she's kept in the dark about most things?

I feel like erasing her memories will ultimately lead to a lot of consequences. For one Laura will figure it out. The supercomputer may have erased her memories, but all of her personal effects relating to the factory will remain unchanged. If she's been taking notes or writing in a diary about this then she'll come across those eventually. At the very least she'll get suspicious about the months of missing memories (She did spend a lot of time at the factory after all). I just feel like this will come back to bite the LW. If anything I suspect Laura will be turned against them (Honestly it would be super lazy if the writers just use this as an excuse to write her out, I expect something to come from this (good or bad) or else I'll consider her character a humongous waste of time).

And I'm disappointed that the group still can't properly handle any new members of the group. It doesn't matter how many times William and Laura have helped, they're still treated poorly, half the time they're not even informed about XANA attacks (They especially leave Laura out often). Honestly it's becoming hard to root for them when they decide to treat others this way. I especially object to erasing months of a persons memory, losing that much would undoubtedly have some mental repercussions on a person.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Snickie
Veteran

Post by Snickie » 30 Jul 2013, 20:46

How are they getting such detailed summaries?!
I read it just now, and like. I don't know. The other episodes seem accurate so far, but still! Who's putting these up???

I half expected to see Jeremie's Blues and all the episodes through the end spoiled but they're not, so perhaps it's someone in Hungary doing it. Or an information leak from MoonScoop itself. I don't know.

I hate that they erase her memory, though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xiao
2014 Most Outstanding

Post by xiao » 31 Jul 2013, 17:38

Snickie wrote:How are they getting such detailed summaries?!
I read it just now, and like. I don't know. The other episodes seem accurate so far, but still! Who's putting these up???
We have our ways :-P Imo this is one of those episodes that suffers from a good (if not overdone) idea with poor execution. The characters interactions are pretty dumb and unrealistic for the scenario so that the writer can throw in a Mexican standoff. But enough whining, you'll be able to decide for yourself soon enough...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 31 Jul 2013, 18:34

Snickie wrote:I hate that they erase her memory, though.
I'm hoping we see more on this at some point, perhaps episode 24. After all using the RTTP like that is bound to have some consequences, just mentally it must be pretty damaging.

What burns me about it most is that they act like Laura did the worst thing imaginable. We've seen the others miss-use the supercomputer for personal gain (Lottery tickets, to impress girls, Jeremy's damaging experiments, Aelita constantly going off by herself) and yet Laura trying to destroy XANA without Jeremy's help is considered a "mutiny?" It was a bad idea yes, but they seem to forget that each one of them have had some bad ideas before. And Laura isn't wrong about the way she and William are treated, they've never been equal to anyone part of the original group.

I understand not destroying XANA yet for the sake of reaching Anthea, but Anthea's not trapped in the supercomputer, she's in the real world. Ultimately waiting around to turn off XANA is only giving it a greater opportunity to cause problems. And it's not like Aelita can't be reached on facebook... It just seems like their putting personal problems ahead of the safety of the entire world. I do feel for Aelita, but ultimately this waiting around will have consequences (But it wouldn't be a good show if it didn't).
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Snickie
Veteran

Post by Snickie » 31 Jul 2013, 21:46

S***, I had a nice long post for this but then I hit a wrong key and the page refreshed and I lost everything. :x So you'll get the short version.

I watched this episode today without subs. (Do I need to spoiler it? ...)

The beginning was too slow imo. They sit at the computer and type, and then they switch places and type some more. Like, really?

William disappointed me in that he didn't try to convince Laura otherwise. She talked and he kind of just nodded and went along without it without trying to explain to her why they weren't virusing the Cortex. I mean, he knew about Aelita wanting to find her mother. Laura was there when Aelita discovered Antea was in Tyron's lab. Plus William should've explained to her what happened to him last time he was alone on Lyoko. I mean, with the possession in episode 65. Heck, the group should've given her more details on Lyoko and stuff and I bet Laura would've had second thoughts about asking just William to go to the Cortex.

Also: WILLIAM, WHY DIDN'T YOU USE SUPERSMOKE TO GET THROUGH THE CORTEX?! You didn't need the Megapod! And Laura clearly wasn't delivering. Which, if Laura's such a computer expert, then why did she keep having problems materializing the Megapod while Jeremie came in and did it without a single hitch?

I had several reactions to the scyphozoa:

First: HOORAY THE SCYPHOZOA!!!! - because I've been suffering severe scyphozoa deprivation for the entirety of season 5 and have had to go back to season 2 to get my scyphozoa fix. And I'm glad to finally see it in CLE.

But I didn't like that they changed how the scyphozoa works! I mean, I guess the tentacles in the back helps for efficiency because the scyphozoa can begin the data transfer immediately instead of wasting time grabbing and carefully positioning the tentacles to the head. And then it can be defended by XANA!William as he's doing his XANA!William stuff.

(I had more to say but I ran out of time.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 31 Jul 2013, 22:52

Snickie wrote:Heck, the group should've given her more details on Lyoko and stuff and I bet Laura would've had second thoughts about asking just William to go to the Cortex.
Yeah, why are they surprised when she screws up? If they're are going to withhold information than of course Laura's going to make bad decisions.
Snickie wrote:Also: WILLIAM, WHY DIDN'T YOU USE SUPERSMOKE TO GET THROUGH THE CORTEX?! You didn't need the Megapod! And Laura clearly wasn't delivering. Which, if Laura's such a computer expert, then why did she keep having problems materializing the Megapod while Jeremie came in and did it without a single hitch?
I think William started to panic. When freaking out it's easy to forget the obvious solution (Granted it didn't stop me from yelling at the screen in frustration).

As for Laura I found that stupid too. But it might have been bugging up or perhaps Jeremy had withheld the materialization process for the Megapod, perhaps a code or password was needed to enable it. I can't exactly fault them completely on that since I don't know exactly how the programming works. It was definitely clunky and plot convenient though. Maybe it was an off day for her, even Jeremy breaks the computer every once in a while.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ChesterKiwi
Veteran

Post by ChesterKiwi » 01 Aug 2013, 00:07

Comon MoonScoop. WHY. Just when William could fight again, they pick on him for the third time in a row. (unless you count Attack of the Zombies, but that wasn't possession really). William was the only reason I had my hopes up. I thought he'd have come so much further than this.
Last edited by ChesterKiwi on 19 Sep 2016, 03:09, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links