[Evolution] # 22 - Mutiny

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Snickie
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 22 - Mutiny

Post by Snickie » 01 Aug 2013, 00:34

Strangely_Scott wrote:
Snickie wrote:Heck, the group should've given her more details on Lyoko and stuff and I bet Laura would've had second thoughts about asking just William to go to the Cortex.
Yeah, why are they surprised when she screws up? If they're are going to withhold information then of course Laura's going to make bad decisions.
Somebody posted this on Tumblr, about what happened in those final minutes of the episode, when they're all back in the lab.
WIlliam thanked the group for saving him and that with this he knew he could trust and count on them. Meanwhile, Jeremie announced he devised a new return to the past trip that would surely erase Laura’s memory. They agreed to vote Laura out of the group and Laura was like, you can’t do that! Jeremie’s last words in the episode are “Oh yes I can" and the scene cuts to end credits.
This makes me really upset. William agreed to go with Laura knowing it was against the group's wishes (and knowing why, something Laura didn't). To me that's even more traitorous than what Laura did because she was clueless. And yet they acquitted him while condemning Laura.

This reminds me of episode 49 when the LWs all turned against Jeremie because of some falsified bad news the fake Franz Hopper gave them. Or episode 62 Nobody in Particular when he somehow managed to lose Ulrich while trying to virtualize him directly into sector 5.
Strangely_Scott wrote:
Snickie wrote:Also: WILLIAM, WHY DIDN'T YOU USE SUPERSMOKE TO GET THROUGH THE CORTEX?! You didn't need the Megapod! And Laura clearly wasn't delivering. Which, if Laura's such a computer expert, then why did she keep having problems materializing the Megapod while Jeremie came in and did it without a single hitch?
I think William started to panic. When freaking out it's easy to forget the obvious solution (Granted it didn't stop me from yelling at the screen in frustration).

As for Laura I found that stupid too. But it might have been bugging up or perhaps Jeremy had withheld the materialization process for the Megapod, perhaps a code or password was needed to enable it. I can't exactly fault them completely on that since I don't know exactly how the programming works. It was definitely clunky and plot convenient though. Maybe it was an off day for her, even Jeremy breaks the computer every once in a while.
I was referring to when Laura was trying to bring up the Megapod initially and there were still no monsters in sight. William used supersmoke to get through the Cortex safely before, when he was back on digital turf for the first time in episode 2 after Jeremie had offered him a vehicle. What stopped him from doing it this time?

And if Jeremie had put a code or password on the Megapod, why didn't he do that for the virtualization too? That could've avoided a whole lot of mess.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GuyverIV87
Veteran

Post by GuyverIV87 » 01 Aug 2013, 01:11

Okay, so basically not only that the LW are written as incompetent jerks, but also being written as hypocrites...classy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 01 Aug 2013, 01:41

Snickie wrote:I was referring to when Laura was trying to bring up the Megapod initially and there were still no monsters in sight. William used supersmoke to get through the Cortex safely before, when he was back on digital turf for the first time in episode 2 after Jeremie had offered him a vehicle. What stopped him from doing it this time?

And if Jeremie had put a code or password on the Megapod, why didn't he do that for the virtualization too? That could've avoided a whole lot of mess.
It's been odd all season regarding that. Sometimes he uses it and other times he goes with everybody in the Megapod. His powers are inconsistent, sometimes he's in the mood to use them and other times not.

I would assume the virtualization is different as Jeremy didn't create that, Franz Hopper did. Jeremy might be doing something different with the programs he's developed.
Snickie wrote:This makes me really upset. William agreed to go with Laura knowing it was against the group's wishes (and knowing why, something Laura didn't). To me that's even more traitorous than what Laura did because she was clueless. And yet they acquitted him while condemning Laura.

This reminds me of episode 49 when the LWs all turned against Jeremie because of some falsified bad news the fake Franz Hopper gave them. Or episode 62 Nobody in Particular when he somehow managed to lose Ulrich while trying to virtualize him directly into sector 5.
It's almost unbelievable that they could be this stupid and unforgiving. It's not as if each one of them hasn't messed up before, even worse some of them have intentionally miss-used the supercomputer for personal reasons all under the guise of being for the greater good. Let's not forget Ulrich and the lottery ticket, Odd and the foreign exchange student, numerous Jeremy experiments that almost killed, Aelita's many personal trips to Lyoko that almost always resulted in her getting kidnapped. The fact is that each of the Lyoko warriors has had bad ideas and caused massive trouble, why is Laura doing this so much worse?

It was incredibly foolish to vote her out anyway just based around her skill level with the supercomputer. Laura has been really helpful on that. Her bad attitude may cause a problem at times, but she did come through for them on many occasions and has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's useful.
GuyverIV87 wrote:Okay, so basically not only that the LW are written as incompetent jerks, but also being written as hypocrites...classy.
Oh, I'm sure it will come back to bite them. Honestly I don't see the writers getting rid of Laura this easily (To do so would make her entire characters existence just a waste of time). Something's bound to happen in response to this. Laura right now is missing months of memories, she'll get suspicious. And it's not as if the RTTP would erase any personal effects from Laura's time in the group, honestly they can't get away with this forever, and they don't deserve to get away with it either.

They just need to learn to trust people. They were nothing but rude to Laura the entire time. She may have deserved it some of the time, but ultimately they were the ones who took her to the factory in the first place, to use her work and erase her memories, so I'd say the consequences are well deserved on their part.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue » 01 Aug 2013, 02:28

Strangely_Scott wrote:
Snickie wrote: but ultimately they were the ones who took her to the factory in the first place, to use her work and erase her memories, so I'd say the consequences are well deserved on their part.
They did that to help save the world, so it's more than justified.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Snickie
Veteran

Post by Snickie » 01 Aug 2013, 02:45

Ruby of Blue wrote:
Strangely_Scott wrote:but ultimately they were the ones who took her to the factory in the first place, to use her work and erase her memories, so I'd say the consequences are well deserved on their part.
And Laura went it alone with just William to try to save the world. Given her circumstances, isn't that also justified?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ChesterKiwi
Veteran

Post by ChesterKiwi » 01 Aug 2013, 03:26

I guess this settles the William vs. Scyphozoa thread. Skippy wins again.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Snickie
Veteran

Post by Snickie » 01 Aug 2013, 05:53

Also, why didn't XANA try to get him to do something more destructive once he had William possessed?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue » 01 Aug 2013, 10:19

Snickie wrote:
Ruby of Blue wrote:
Strangely_Scott wrote:but ultimately they were the ones who took her to the factory in the first place, to use her work and erase her memories, so I'd say the consequences are well deserved on their part.
And Laura went it alone with just William to try to save the world. Given her circumstances, isn't that also justified?
It's a good intention, but not very smart. William alone obviously wouldn't have been enough, plus Laura is already aware of the various pitfalls in Lyoko/Cortex besides just getting devirtualized. The reason they kick Laura out, but don't get mad at William is because Laura manipulated him, and William has actually proven he can be trusted, unlike Laura who slithered her way into the group via underhanded tactics. Not only that, but she's exhibited why she can't be trusted completely by bringing her father to the lab. Laura is constantly fluctuating between reliable and liable, so based on the latest events, erasing her memories and kicking her out is the lesser of two evils versus continuing to let her put the others at risk (not to mention rock Jeremy and Aelita's loveboat).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 01 Aug 2013, 11:51

Ruby of Blue wrote:It's a good intention, but not very smart. William alone obviously wouldn't have been enough, plus Laura is already aware of the various pitfalls in Lyoko/Cortex besides just getting devirtualized.
She didn't know about possessions. Obviously they have failed to tell her everything.
Ruby of Blue wrote:The reason they kick Laura out, but don't get mad at William is because Laura manipulated him, and William has actually proven he can be trusted, unlike Laura who slithered her way into the group via underhanded tactics.
But their bad treatment of William was exactly what allowed him be so easily manipulated. Had they not treated him so badly he wouldn't have agreed with Laura. And Laura has come a long way since she slithered her way into the group. She has helped numerous times and has programmed quite a bit for them. She even covered for them as best as she could when Tyron's men showed up. She's still very new to the group and naive, I think it's a bit unfair as she did what she could with the limited knowledge they were willing to give her. When the pressure was on she helped immensely.
Ruby of Blue wrote:Not only that, but she's exhibited why she can't be trusted completely by bringing her father to the lab.
Odd brought a girl to the lab. Jeremy too (By accident). They've all made mistakes (Like Ulrich using RTTP to buy lottery tickets), but they're kids and mistakes are easily made. The fact is that they never trusted Laura, treated her poorly, and withheld information from her. Granted her bad attitude and tactics to get into the group were wrong, but they committed just as many wrongs against her (Aelita sneered at her every other second). They did the same thing to her as they do with William, they let a few rookie mistakes guide their perception of that person and as a result they act really quite awful to them both.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

AelitaYumiHotaru
Veteran

Post by AelitaYumiHotaru » 04 Aug 2013, 03:13

Subbed ep here
妈妈可不可以请告诉我 为什么人会变得不一样?那些听说过的美丽日子是真的存在过吗?
早就忘了应该要更努力爱着他 早就忘了心去包容他 自顾自的生活是否假装继续忙?
隐形在你的面具背后充满许多的表情 到最后却始终如一  真的更好吗?
我们要这样,不再看彼此的眼神吗?不再对我讲话吗?不再说你爱我吗?
就算受了伤,眼泪也如雨的下
改变就能解答?改变就能到达?告诉我 妈妈 妈妈

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links