[S4] # 08 Replika

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Tzigone

[S4] # 08 Replika

Post by Tzigone » 18 Nov 2015, 22:50

Just rewatching this one again and thinking about how the student body thinks Odd and Aelita are cousins. So was that addressed in the French (I've only seen English dub)? If not, do you think it's something the writer forgot about or just something they wanted the audience to forget about? I like to rationalize that Sissi remembered and that's why she thought Nicholas and Herb were nuts. Though, of course, she also knows Jeremie and Aelita have a thing.

I enjoyed Nicholas and Herb's trek and investigation, but was bored and annoyed (just like Yumi and Ulrich) by Aelita and Odd arguing. Teammates fighting/arguing is only interesting if there's an interesting moral dilemma or strong emotional forces in play. This was just petty stuff, and so not too engaging for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Goblin
Veteran

Re: [S4] # 08 Replika

Post by The Goblin » 10 Dec 2015, 21:06

Aelita was registered in Kadic as Odd's cousin from Canada. So everyone outside the team thinks they are cousins.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tzigone

Post by Tzigone » 16 Dec 2015, 00:49

The Goblin wrote:Aelita was registered in Kadic as Odd's cousin from Canada. So everyone outside the team thinks they are cousins.
I know that. I just wonder how often the student body thinks about it. Like I might know two people are related, but not immediately think about it because it's not relevant to my life. But more accurately, my issue is that if everyone believes that they are cousins (and canonically, they do), then someone should have commented on it. Since the only three that we know heard the dating-tale are Sissi, Herb, and Nicholas, they're the only three I addressed. Basically trying to fanwank/rationalize why they didn't say "uh, aren't they related?".

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Goblin
Veteran

Post by The Goblin » 16 Dec 2015, 12:41

Maybe France is ok with cousins dating?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

McTrooper
Veteran

Post by McTrooper » 11 Feb 2016, 21:37

The Goblin wrote:Aelita was registered in Kadic as Odd's cousin from Canada. So everyone outside the team thinks they are cousins.
Was that in season 1 or 2? Aelita has two different cover stories. The first was forgotten because of a return to the past.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ChesterKiwi
Veteran

Post by ChesterKiwi » 16 Feb 2016, 00:42

McTrooper wrote:
Was that in season 1 or 2? Aelita has two different cover stories. The first was forgotten because of a return to the past.
In Code: Earth Odd tells Principal Delmas she is his cousin from Holland. The Canada cover story came into play in New Order (though it probably was told to Delmas off-screen between S1 and S2) when Odd tells Jim.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links