[Evolution] # 03 - Spectromania

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
xiao
2014 Most Outstanding

[Evolution] # 03 - Spectromania

Post by xiao » 22 Jan 2013, 13:33

CodeLyoko.fr's Episode Guide - http://codelyoko-leguide.fr/103

A little 5th grader pursues our heroes, giving them strange ailments when he touches them. There's no doubt -- he's a spectre. Our heroes race to Lyoko to deactivate the tower that allows the polymorhic spectre to materialize. But, on Lyoko, Aelita is devirtualized before reaching the tower. That's a huge problem because in theory, only she can deactivate a tower. Jeremy soon detects a second activated tower hidden by the first...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jym
2014 Most Likable

Re: [Evolution] # 03 - Spectromania

Post by jym » 27 Jan 2013, 04:50

finally was able to dl and watch this episode.
I like that they filled in some sketchy details and plot holes from the previous seasons. For example, if they get devirtualized we now know that they have to wait 12 hours to go back in. We also know that getting touched by a specter can have serious consequences, which will set the stage for future episodes no doubt.
Having anybody be able to get into the towers is an interesting twist as well
Is it just me, or are the Blocks more menacing than I remembered?
CL chat
"we can't go back now, it's hard enough going forward."
zOmg! jym is on FB! search "jym cl"
Friend me, maybe?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tsunamix
Veteran

Post by Tsunamix » 27 Jan 2013, 05:00

jym wrote:fFor example, if they get devirtualized we now know that they have to wait 12 hours to go back in.
Not to mention why it took so bloody long for Aelita to go into towers and deactivate them.
My Fanfiction: Go Here. Read Now.

NEED ARTWORK FOR MY FANFICTION. IF ANYONE WISHES TO DO SO, PM ME.

SWORN TO SECRECY: Topic Here.
Fridays at 7 PM EST.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jym
2014 Most Likable

Post by jym » 27 Jan 2013, 05:05

ah, very true! Good point
CL chat
"we can't go back now, it's hard enough going forward."
zOmg! jym is on FB! search "jym cl"
Friend me, maybe?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Project Carthage
2014 Most Creative

Post by Project Carthage » 27 Jan 2013, 14:58

one thing that's interesting is that if you watch the subs for this episode all the characters besides aelita act like they have never been in a tower before which i thought was weird because they were were in them many times in the other seasons (especially in odds who couldn't even get in at first)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Possession
Veteran

Post by Possession » 27 Jan 2013, 15:13

jacobbeahm wrote:one thing that's interesting is that if you watch the subs for this episode all the characters besides aelita act like they have never been in a tower before which i thought was weird because they were were in them many times in the other seasons (especially in odds who couldn't even get in at first)
Whilst I haven't watched the full subbed episode yet, isn't it different because the tower is activated? I'm lead to believe that they can all easily enter a deactivated/neutral tower (as they have done), but for an activated tower, it was explained by Aelita that you have to want to enter.

Up to then, I think Aelita was the only one who had ever been in an activated tower.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ChesterKiwi
Veteran

Post by ChesterKiwi » 21 May 2013, 00:20

I find it strange how all of a sudden the characters pop up with the specters stealing source codes. When were source codes ever previously mentioned? That bugged me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Snickie
Veteran

Post by Snickie » 16 Jul 2013, 04:38

[+] offtopic canon theory stuff
Possession wrote:
jacobbeahm wrote:one thing that's interesting is that if you watch the subs for this episode all the characters besides aelita act like they have never been in a tower before which i thought was weird because they were were in them many times in the other seasons (especially in odds who couldn't even get in at first)
Whilst I haven't watched the full subbed episode yet, isn't it different because the tower is activated? I'm lead to believe that they can all easily enter a deactivated/neutral tower (as they have done), but for an activated tower, it was explained by Aelita that you have to want to enter.

Up to then, I think Aelita was the only one who had ever been in an activated tower.
Yumi, s4e76 "The Lake".
jym wrote:fFor example, if they get devirtualized we now know that they have to wait 12 hours to go back in.
Somebody had better explain to me what happened then in these episodes:
27 New Order (vehicles, attack not 12 hours later)
34 Missing Link (when they were trying to get to sector 5 the first time, and then actually going to sector 5 the second time, definitely not 12 hours later)
37 Common Interest (before and after the battery and Aelita, most definitely not 12 hours later)
44 Vertigo (trip to sector 5, then trip to deactivate the tower, maaaaaaybe 12 hours later)
45 Cold War (mountain sector before lunch, Odd & Aelita to ice sector during blizzard after lunch, most definitely not 12 hours later)
51 Revelation (sector 5, mountain sector later, probably not 12 hours later)
60 Temporary Insanity (sector 5 first, ice sector second, definitely not 12 hours later)
62 Nobody in Particular (though that might have been 12 hours later, I'd have to rewatch it)
63 Triple Trouble (thrice, all in less than 12 hours I'm sure)
77 Lost At Sea (again, not sure, I'd have to rewatch it)
80 Dog Day Afternoon
81 A Lack of Goodwill (Aelita installs program first, replika second)

The "can't go to Lyoko more than once in a 12 hour period" thing pisses me off because it contradicts so much of what happened in the animated series. It's like taking my childhood and telling me it was all a lie. I'll believe 2 hours. But 12 is ridiculous and wrong. D:
In other news, I didn't think 2 spectres were enough for it to be properly called "Spectromania". I was hoping for at least 3 or 4.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

McTrooper
Veteran

Post by McTrooper » 29 Nov 2013, 19:38

Having a child Specter attack was both silly and clever. It was silly because it didn't seem scary or dramatic.
Yet it was clever since if they were fighting him like Odd tried to it looked like the gang was trying to beet up a little kid.

The source code thing . . well I am willing to suspend my disbelief in order to enjoy the show, but it seems strange that Xana could copy and delete source code in the real world. I know Jeremie said they were stored as waves. Still given in Lyoko they are digital I would have thought any code added to them would be turned into living flesh in the real world.

The Ulrich Specter did not add too much drama / action to the episode, but I like the scenes with Odd going to the tower to stop that attack.

I wonder why Xana is using Lyoko instead of a replica (did I spell that right?) He must have been using one for the first attack of the season since Lyoko was shut down still.

12 hour delay . . .
There has always been a feeling that the gang couldn't go back right away. I don't remember it being explained in the first 4 seasons, but it was clear the Lyoko trip took a lot out of the gang especially if it was a dramatic devirtualization.
Maybe the longer delay could be explained away as a precaution to prevent "cell degradation" that the Xana version of Franz Hopper talked about.
Xana might have mixed some truth in with his lies from the Franz Hopper episode.

What ever the case . . . I enjoyed watching this episode.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Goblin
Veteran

Post by The Goblin » 28 Dec 2013, 17:40

Tsunamix wrote:
Not to mention why it took so bloody long for Aelita to go into towers and deactivate them.
She was slow in season 1 but later seasons she was running to the tower, I like to think she's doing it on purpose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links