[Evolution] # 06 - Suspicions

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Epsilon
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 06 - Suspicions

Post by Epsilon » 08 Feb 2013, 01:05

Yeah I get what you mean. And I understand that XANA lost a lot of power with the program that was supposed to kill him and that is why the attacks are weak, but yeah, I am not impressed with the real world attacks so far. He had better get those source codes back.
William doesn't have the codes right? I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
Hopefully the episode this week will be better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 08 Feb 2013, 02:52

You bring up a good point about William.
It's odd that he being the one possessed by XANA has no source codes. That's rather perplexing, it makes me wonder if that's possibly foreshadowing for something to come.

On another note I didn't care for the actor they had playing the specter this episode. The specters may be slow and useless but at least the other specters looked even partway menacing. In general I didn't care for this kid, his messing everything up antics in the gym was painfully bad acting (Please Moonscoop if your going to write sitcom style goofiness at least hire someone with any amount of comedic sensibilities to play the part).
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon » 09 Feb 2013, 02:05

Well the actor wasn't threatening at all. I mean I appreciate the fact that they used a minor character for something, but yeah. I totally agree with you, if you want to have that style of writing, at least attempt to pull it off well. It's like they didn't even try with his scenes.
But that being said, Lyoko scenes were great as usual and Aelita's little monologue about her father was very nice. Say what you want, but the new animation style is WAY more expressive with every part of the body.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Hikaru
Veteran

Post by Hikaru » 10 Mar 2013, 18:16

I kind of get a different feeling about this episode from the rest of you (now that I've actually watched the series so far.)
You all keep saying how the XANA attack was stupid, how they just stood there and actually 'helped'. Are we ENTIRELY sure that it was XANA?
I mean I know we saw Franz Hopper die and everything in s4... But with the surrounding scenes of this episode I can't help but be of the opinion it was Franz that 'attacked' and not XANA.

I mean...
1. Aelita was talking this entire episode about missing her father and even said something along the lines of wanting a sign to prove that he wasn't part of XANAs return (not exact words, can't remember, but it's still along the lines of it.)
2. There are NO monsters whatsoever that attack the group, as if they're just allowed to deactivate the tower.
3. Spectres are seen through the activation and they just stand there and look at the group.
4. They fixed the sound system and helped the group?

...I get the strange feeling that entire 'attack' was not XANA but the sign Aelita asked of her father if SOME part of him still exists. I mean, she did say that Lyoko felt like her father, maybe in a way he IS Lyoko now in an embodimental sense. We already know he could activate towers. He most likely would have the power of spectre's as well...

Anyways, that's what I got from the entire episode, from the surrounding dialogue.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nodsviper
Veteran

Post by nodsviper » 11 Mar 2013, 02:16

I just watched the episode today...It was a great episode.

I say this because I read Hikaru's post afterwards, and I cannot agree more.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

McTrooper
Veteran

Post by McTrooper » 29 Nov 2013, 20:44

Hikaru Your post kind of turns this episode on it's head . . . I hope that is the case . . though if it is they should have been less subtle about it . . like making the activated tower white or something.

The character development was good in this episode. We rarely see the gang worried about other things.
I liked Yumi being worried about Japan and though they were careful not to tie that part to a specific date in history the details make me think of March 11, 2011, a magnitude-9 earthquake and tsunami.
Though Ulrich's snapping at Yumi seemed a little odd . . she was asking him to do something that doesn't seem like something he would be good at. I would have thought Odd or even William would be better with electronics.
And the Aelita scenes were good too.

If Hikaru is right then this episode feels complete, but if not then . . . the attack at the end is a poor end to a promising episode.

Edit: Oh. I like the witty banter in this episode.
"take the bus"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links