Page 2 of 5

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 02:44
by Ruby of Blue
Strangely_Scott wrote:
Epsilon wrote:It's certainty more creepy. I mean XANA can just take control of anyone instantly. I don't know why he hasn't done so already actually.
He probably wasn't powerful enough to possess anyone. If I recall correctly we had specter attacks before possessions.
Actually, the first possession was Xana possessing a teddy bear in Teddygozilla. And if we're talking strictly living beings, possessions still came first with Xana possessing the rats in Plagued. And if it's just people, possession are still first with Sissi in A Great Day. The Yumi clone from season 1 doesn't count since she was literally a clone that came from the scanner. Since we didn't see her blow up in pixels when the tower was deactivated, we must assume that clone was purely organic. Also, the imitation people in Ghost Channel don't count either since they were on Lyoko and in virtual form.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 03:05
by Strangely_Scott
I'm talking strictly humans (As manipulating objects and taking over small creatures is probably a whole lot different than a person). And either way we didn't see XANA actually possess anyone until the second season (If I recall correctly, but it's been a while).

So I still think it's correct to assume that it takes more power to possess an actual person than to create a clone and specter.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 03:12
by Ruby of Blue
Strangely_Scott wrote:I'm talking strictly humans (As manipulating objects and taking over small creatures is probably a whole lot different than a person). And either way we didn't see XANA actually possess anyone until the second season (If I recall correctly, but it's been a while).

So I still think it's correct to assume that it takes more power to possess an actual person than to create a clone and specter.
We saw Xana plainly possess the Yumi clone in season 1. We've been shown that the scanners can clone people (three Odds in Triple Trouble). And there was no evidence for it being a specter, so we logically assume it's an organic clone under the control of Xana. Perhaps Xana wasn't powerful enough to remotely possess someone yet, so he had to make direct use of the scanner and supercomputer.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 12:30
by Strangely_Scott
We didn't see XANA possess anyone. All we really know about that thing is that it appeared out the scanner and looked like Yumi. Really it's not much different than when he materialized his monsters. And who knows what he actually did to that clone to control it. Plus just from the fact we didn't see it created or destroyed we really don't know exactly what that thing was, was it truly a conventional clone? Or a monster made to look in Yumi's image? A prototype specter of some sort? Really we don't have a whole lot of information of what it was. It didn't even have the powers a possessed person usually has. It's almost an isolated incident as we never see anything quite like it again.

Either way we didn't see an actual person get possessed until the next season so it's pretty safe to say power is the factor here.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 12:42
by Ruby of Blue
Strangely_Scott wrote:We didn't see XANA possess anyone. All we really know about that thing is that it appeared out the scanner and looked like Yumi. Really it's not much different than when he materialized his monsters. And who knows what he actually did to that clone to control it. Plus just from the fact we didn't see it created or destroyed we really don't know exactly what that thing was, was it truly a conventional clone? Or a monster made to look in Yumi's image? A prototype specter of some sort? Really we don't have a whole lot of information of what it was. It didn't even have the powers a possessed person usually has. It's almost an isolated incident as we never see anything quite like it again.

Either way we didn't see an actual person get possessed until the next season so it's pretty safe to say power is the factor here.
We saw it created. Jeremie found it in the scanner. We assume it's a literal clone because the other two Odd's were created the exact same way. Not to mention Aelita's observation at the END of that episode; "That fact that Xana was able to create another Yumi proves one thing. It proves that materialization is really possible." These are the only pieces of supporting information as to what it was that we have, so we assume it's a clone, just possessed by Xana. And it's reasonable to assume that since Xana wasn't powerful enough remotely possess anyone yet, he had to use the scanners directly.

To assume that it's anything other than a clone possessed by Xana, in the face of the evidence of Aelita's observation, and the other two Odd's, is a logical misstep.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 13:31
by Xanana
I didn't really understand what was going on. They wanted Laura in the group? She refused, return to the past, try again. Was the virus in Laura? DId it cause her to remember even though she never went to Lyoko?

Ninjas were really cool.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 13:36
by Epsilon
I think that they just used her for the program and that was supposed to be it. I mean they tried pretty hard to watch her and try and keep her away from the lab again, so I think they didn't want her in the group at all. I think that she remembered like William did for an unexplained reason.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 15:23
by Olivier
Epsilon wrote:I think that they just used her for the program and that was supposed to be it. I mean they tried pretty hard to watch her and try and keep her away from the lab again, so I think they didn't want her in the group at all.
Exactly. Jeremy needed her to help him fix his virus, so they used her.
Epsilon wrote:I think that she remembered like William did for an unexplained reason.
Nope, not for an unexplained reason. She saw the RTTP coming and managed to alter the system to prevent the effects on her (or at least reduce them).

She was way smarter than Jeremy in this episode, and the title could have been "How to Fool Jeremy" :P

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 15:41
by Epsilon
Oh well that makes sense. And yeah that would be a good title! Sort of cool how she did that.

Re: [Evolution] # 08 - Virus

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 21:08
by Ruby of Blue
Olivier wrote:
Epsilon wrote:I think that they just used her for the program and that was supposed to be it. I mean they tried pretty hard to watch her and try and keep her away from the lab again, so I think they didn't want her in the group at all.
Exactly. Jeremy needed her to help him fix his virus, so they used her.
Epsilon wrote:I think that she remembered like William did for an unexplained reason.
Nope, not for an unexplained reason. She saw the RTTP coming and managed to alter the system to prevent the effects on her (or at least reduce them).

She was way smarter than Jeremy in this episode, and the title could have been "How to Fool Jeremy" :P
Oooooooh Laura be schemin'! And once again, Odd cracks me up.