[Evolution] # 10 - The Warrior Awakens

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
LaserArrow
2014 Biggest Contribution to the CL Community

[Evolution] # 10 - The Warrior Awakens

Post by LaserArrow » 13 Feb 2013, 07:48

Last edited by LaserArrow on 17 Feb 2013, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 10 - The Warrior Awakens

Post by Ruby of Blue » 13 Feb 2013, 09:28

I hope history doesn't repeat itself with this being as god-awful as episode 10 of season 1.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Possession
Veteran

Post by Possession » 27 Feb 2013, 18:26

According to CodeLyoko.fr, the warrior that supposedly awakens is Ulrich.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Xanana
Veteran

Post by Xanana » 02 Mar 2013, 13:06

The ninjas were cool (in Lyoko, at least). But the new villain just looks ridiculous, like some mad scientist.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Possession
Veteran

Post by Possession » 02 Mar 2013, 13:08

Just watched it and it was a pretty good episode. Nice to see the side-story with Ulrich and Jim (even though I couldn't understand it, I believe Jim was motivating Ulrich). Plus love the fact that we got to see the Ninjas and the Yumi-stick, and how they are controlled by humans in motion-capture suits.

EDIT: As for the new villian (Professor Tyron, I believe), I guess we can give a better opinion of him when we actually see him in the real-world and not just on camera footage.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon » 02 Mar 2013, 14:52

Well, we saw the Yumi Stick and she actually did some of her classic flips! That was one thing I missed, I mean that was her thing!
I really liked this episode, although I wonder how Jeremie was able to program a new weapon so quickly.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lyokoshipper
Veteran

Post by Lyokoshipper » 02 Mar 2013, 15:24

I like how we see the Warriors think on their feet (Jeremy included) a bit...and it was funny to see Yumi hit William in the head with her fans lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TheYoshster210
Veteran

Post by TheYoshster210 » 02 Mar 2013, 21:20

I thought this was a pretty exciting episode. While the group goes back to the Cortex to gather some information, Ulrich competes in a martial arts competition that he won thanks to some motivation I think from Jim. Ulrich wins for Kadic and we get an awesome battle with the Ninjas in the Cortex! Yumi was pretty epic I thought in this episode and it was pretty great that not only she defeated the Ninjas, but she finally got her bo staff. I guess Jeremie has gotten this good at programming? Also we got what is either the 2nd appearance of Professor Tyron or possibly Alan Meyer? I haven't heard anything about him yet, though we know that the Ninjas are controlled by humans.

Overall a really good episode!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xiaozanghou
2014 Most Outstanding

Post by xiaozanghou » 03 Mar 2013, 05:06

Yep, definitely a great episode. Cool fights, a new weapon, Jim development, and a little bit of the true plot's veneer scratched away. This is probably my favorite one after the one where Odd gets locked in a closet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 03 Mar 2013, 12:44

Epsilon wrote:Well, we saw the Yumi Stick and she actually did some of her classic flips! That was one thing I missed, I mean that was her thing!
I really liked this episode, although I wonder how Jeremie was able to program a new weapon so quickly.
I'd guess that Jeremy had made it before and hadn't found a good use for it until now. I mean there's little to no use for it on Lyoko just because long range weapons like Yumi's fans are more effective on XANA's monsters. Ninja's on the other hand undoubtedly require close range weapons like swords and staffs.

It's hard to say what else Jeremy has programmed in his spare time but never found a use for.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links