[Evolution] # 11 - Rendez-vous

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 11 - Rendez-vous

Post by Strangely_Scott » 10 Mar 2013, 20:00

Hikaru wrote:True.. I didn't think of that. But the spectre? If XANA did have information on Anthea, wouldn't it be the old information, thus her original hair color?
We don't know if XANA is using old information. Perhaps Anthea has been captured by Tyron and XANA is just using the information supplied by Tyron.
Hikaru wrote:
Possession wrote: This would single Aelita out as the only one having a natural unnatural hair color (others in the school are definitely dyed or wig). But we're to believe Aelita has had that color hair since Lyoko to Earth. Which would make her completely unnatural. In the cartoon they explained it as genetics from her mother. But for this... what are they trying to get at?
Well Aelita's hair is just as fake as the kid with blue hair we see hanging around Kadic. I would assume the reason those other wigs look so bad is just because of budget or just laziness (After all Aelita's hair is the only unnaturally colored hair the camera focuses on so why spend the money and effort on the background kids). I think the intention though is that these unnatural hair colors (Even the real fake looking ones) are supposed to be real in their world. So Aelita's not unnatural at all within the context of their world.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lyokoshipper
Veteran

Post by Lyokoshipper » 10 Mar 2013, 22:50

xiaozanghou wrote:Yeah, this episode feels really weird, like a lot of stuff was cut from it or maybe it was intended to come later in the series. Both William and Aelita had really strange attitudes for no real reason.

I can understand Aelita's actions to a point--the mother she so desperately hoped for was an illusion and in her frustration, she wrongly taook it out on Jeremy. That still doesn't excuse the fact that she acted uncharacteristically stupid from the start by not thinking the message from XANA was the most suspicious thing ever(she's gotten burned by that one before), or brushing off Jeremy who has a track record of being 100% right about specters.

The writing for CLE hasn't been spectacular, but in this episode it was especially off. There's writing that makes you fill in the blanks, but then there's writing that leaves such huge blanks that one wonder if it was really the audiences' job to fill those in, or if the writer got lazy or hit a deadline.
Two things:

I wouldn't call Aelita "stupid" when you are emotional you can act stupid. Simple as that.

Also many foreign films and shows leave holes in the plots or makes plot points dsconnected

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

xiaozanghou
2014 Most Outstanding

Post by xiaozanghou » 11 Mar 2013, 14:36

Lyokoshipper wrote: Two things:

I wouldn't call Aelita "stupid" when you are emotional you can act stupid. Simple as that.
that's what I said ;)
Lyokoshipper wrote: Also many foreign films and shows leave holes in the plots or makes plot points dsconnected
So do domestic films and shows. The original CL series had great writing and the characters behaved believably, with deviations from their normal routines definitely being explained (such as Jeremy in that episode where he's using the super computer to boost his intelligence or Ulrich using the RTTP to win the lottery). The decisions the characters make in CLE are sometimes downright dangerous rookie mistakes, like letting emotions get the better of them (Odd picking a fight with William on Lyoko, Ulrich moving to fight a specter hand to hand, Aelita not being suspicious of her mother appearing with no warning when XANA did the exact same thing with her father before). It's starting to feel like a bad fanfic :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

memoire-blanche
Veteran

Post by memoire-blanche » 11 Mar 2013, 19:15

Aelita, WHY.
Just... no. As much as I understand that Aelita feels alone and misses her parents, I do not buy the whole "emotions clouding her judgement" theory. She has fallen for such a trap before(Distant Memory and Franz Hopper... to some extent). She kinda knows that her mother is probably imprisoned somewhere (maybe by Tyron) and then suddenly Anthea appears at Kadic out of nowhere. No, that doesn't sound suspicious at all!
I suspect it was XANA who made her so naive so that he could steal her codes. Especially seeing how she acted out on Jeremy after he dragged her away from Spectre!Anthea.
Other than that... fight on Lyoko was awesome and Jim was hilarious.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 11 Mar 2013, 21:22

memoire-blanche wrote:Aelita, WHY.
Just... no. As much as I understand that Aelita feels alone and misses her parents, I do not buy the whole "emotions clouding her judgement" theory.
The logic behind it isn't great, but it is standard emotional stupidness that can be found in most modern media (Star Wars features the same emotional stupidness, unfortunately in that series allowing emotion to cloud Anakin's mind resulted in genocide). And the ironic thing is this is actually the third time Aelita has been tricked by a specter of a parent if you remember the specter of Franz Hopper in season two.

Plus in this season alone almost every member of the group has been tricked by a specter (Hey look a friend is menacingly walking towards me with glowing eyes, that's not suspicious at all ;) ). At the end of the day writers will end up making everyone uncharacteristically stupid when needed. After all wouldn't this episode have been much more boring if Aelita had said "Oh, this is a trap, I'll go to the factory instead." I'm okay with Aelita acting a bit uncharacteristically so long as it's an interesting plot. The fact is if Moonscoop isn't going to give us any traditional XANA attacks like killer bee's or natural disasters than we just have to learn to live with specter attacks that only work when characters forget to put their brain in.

"Oops, I forgot to rematerialize your common sense!"
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Possession
Veteran

Post by Possession » 11 Mar 2013, 22:33

Strangely_Scott wrote:. And the ironic thing is this is actually the third time Aelita has been tricked by a specter of a parent if you remember the specter of Franz Hopper in season two.
To be fair the first time (the spectre of Hopper in S2) was an exception considering she didn't know he was her father, and the whole group was convinced until Jeremy worked it out.

Though yeah, it was a bit stupid not to be the slight bit suspicious that her mother just reappeared out of nowhere after so many years, especially after just being told about activated towers.
Last edited by Possession on 11 Mar 2013, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ice emblem glory
Veteran

Post by Ice emblem glory » 11 Mar 2013, 22:38

The only reason Aelita cought on to a disguised Franz earlier was the absence of her mother. With Franz gone seeing her 2 parents together is not relavent to whether or not her mom is a specter.
http://starfoxfanatic4ever.deviantart.com/
Music by Russel Shaw from the Fable games by Lionhead studios. If you have not played these games, I pity you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPx0387cUU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMZi-wHa3Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnrinoieqA
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/foxmcloudiscool

Nostalgia punch! & this song seems to fight Code Lyoko for some reason:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPDhxv7Mgo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon » 11 Mar 2013, 22:47

I agree with you on that, but still it was slightly frustrating as a viewer to see her do something like that. All I know is that now I am really interested in finding out more about Aelita's mother.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dark Raku
Veteran

Post by Dark Raku » 05 May 2013, 15:41

Strangely_Scott wrote:After all wouldn't this episode have been much more boring if Aelita had said "Oh, this is a trap, I'll go to the factory instead." I'm okay with Aelita acting a bit uncharacteristically so long as it's an interesting plot.
About Aelita going to see her mother and not realising it was a Spectre. I honestly do not see how her not realising it would have invalidated the Plot of the Episode one bit. It is stillo taking on the form of her mother and therefore would need to somehow provide proof to her which would mean that Xana would actually have to know information about her to make sure Aelita could be completely tricked, information that Aelita may want to know. They could have easily had the meeting with Aelita going because she wants to try and figure out what was going on and being aware that it might be a Spectre. There was really absolutely no reason for the writing to make her so unforgivably dense. Then again, Evolution loves doing that to the point of absurdity to make its plots and character emotions work. It is just absolutely terrible when the only way they can make anything happen is characters not thinking. It does not really make the Plot interesting it makes it boring because the only reason things are happening really is because of an idiot ball.

That is the upsetting fact, the Plot becomes far more interesting if it is just given like five more seconds thought.
Strangely_Scott wrote:The fact is if Moonscoop isn't going to give us any traditional XANA attacks like killer bee's or natural disasters than we just have to learn to live with specter attacks that only work when characters forget to put their brain in.
Now there's something that generally baffles me about this whole Series actually. Season 4 made a point of really, really, escalating the scales to the point where missions basically became about them being able to use their powers in the real world, it honestly seems backwards that they have literally depowered everybody. I honestly think there should be more classic Xana attacks and more monsters hitting the real world and I hope we eventually get there because it feels like where the Series should actually be. It should be literally making the Lyoko Warriors job really, really difficult an almost impossible to hide.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

natisha2muros

Post by natisha2muros » 26 Nov 2014, 02:17

long curly hair is available for you, you can come to have a look,no matter for your seem or the cosplay.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links