[Evolution] # 13 - Friday the 13th

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Possession
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 13 - Friday the 13th

Post by Possession » 24 Mar 2013, 21:15

Just watched it myself and as already said, not really final episode worthy material. No plot points, just a filler episode.
Though something that leaves me pondering, is why did Jeremie bother sending 4 Lyoko Warriors to Sector 5 in the first place for a minor attack? I'm sure they could have sent 2, and then the other 2 if a problem arose. I mean Ulrich and William could have easily handled 2 Mantas, leaving Aelita to be able to have fixed the Skid later on.

One thing I'm not liking though as everyone else has mentioned too, is the development of the plot. We're half way through the season, and all we have so far is the fact that Tyron is behind the Cortex, and the Ninjas.
Compared to Season 4, half-way through they were already using translation on the Replikas.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 24 Mar 2013, 22:27

Possession wrote:Just watched it myself and as already said, not really final episode worthy material. No plot points, just a filler episode.
Though something that leaves me pondering, is why did Jeremie bother sending 4 Lyoko Warriors to Sector 5 in the first place for a minor attack? I'm sure they could have sent 2, and then the other 2 if a problem arose. I mean Ulrich and William could have easily handled 2 Mantas, leaving Aelita to be able to have fixed the Skid later on.
Yes, initially I thought it was so cool that two people went in and deactivated the tower. But then I suddenly realized that was completely pointless and served no purpose. I have come to the realization that Jeremy doesn't employ very much strategy when it comes to who he sends to Lyoko. Generally he sends everyone available even when not needed.
Possession wrote:Compared to Season 4, half-way through they were already using translation on the Replikas.
Why hasn't Jeremy used Translation for the Cortex. I mean it has towers, it's connected to a supercomputer. I mean why not? Perhaps they'll do that at some point in the season. Which at this point anything would be better than the nothing that we've had going on recently.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon » 24 Mar 2013, 22:43

Well I'm not so sure it would be that good. I mean, look at how good the live action action scenes are so far. Now imagine how it would be during translation. I for one would find that more sad than cool.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 24 Mar 2013, 23:18

Epsilon wrote:Well I'm not so sure it would be that good. I mean, look at how good the live action action scenes are so far. Now imagine how it would be during translation. I for one would find that more sad than cool.
I don't know, I think they could make it work. If they really wanted to simplify it they could always have them wear their Earth clothing during Translation. Or even just create a real world equivalent of their Lyoko gear. Or if they were really lazy they could just make the Translated versions of them CGI.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue » 24 Mar 2013, 23:59

Strangely_Scott wrote:
Epsilon wrote:Well I'm not so sure it would be that good. I mean, look at how good the live action action scenes are so far. Now imagine how it would be during translation. I for one would find that more sad than cool.
I don't know, I think they could make it work. If they really wanted to simplify it they could always have them wear their Earth clothing during Translation. Or even just create a real world equivalent of their Lyoko gear. Or if they were really lazy they could just make the Translated versions of them CGI.
Why is everyone so afraid of the teleportation using the live-action actors? As long as the costumes look legitimate and the action and effects are good, there's nothing to worry about. It won't happen in this season, though. Probably in season two before they add another 'factor' to the show.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 25 Mar 2013, 00:21

Ruby of Blue wrote:Why is everyone so afraid of the teleportation using the live-action actors? As long as the costumes look legitimate and the action and effects are good, there's nothing to worry about. It won't happen in this season, though. Probably in season two before they add another 'factor' to the show.
Yeah, I don't exactly get the fear of it either. I mean there's plenty of athletic wear that exists that actually has the same look as their Lyoko costumes. And some parts of their costumes such as Ulrich and Williams boots, Yumi's shoes and various accessories like gloves and weapons actually have pretty close real world counterparts. The only costume that would really be an ordeal to replicate would be Odd as his tail and shoes and just weird. I mean even avid fans have put together decent looking Lyoko costumes.

And after this season we know they can handle real world effects pretty effectively, so at this point the only real concern would be the action. But how hard could that be. The only reason the current real world action sucks is because they keep on having characters face off against split screen doubles, so of course it's difficult to stage a fight scene. I'm hoping that should we get a second season they get a bit more ambitious.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue » 25 Mar 2013, 09:34

Strangely_Scott wrote:
Ruby of Blue wrote:Why is everyone so afraid of the teleportation using the live-action actors? As long as the costumes look legitimate and the action and effects are good, there's nothing to worry about. It won't happen in this season, though. Probably in season two before they add another 'factor' to the show.
Yeah, I don't exactly get the fear of it either. I mean there's plenty of athletic wear that exists that actually has the same look as their Lyoko costumes. And some parts of their costumes such as Ulrich and Williams boots, Yumi's shoes and various accessories like gloves and weapons actually have pretty close real world counterparts. The only costume that would really be an ordeal to replicate would be Odd as his tail and shoes and just weird. I mean even avid fans have put together decent looking Lyoko costumes.

And after this season we know they can handle real world effects pretty effectively, so at this point the only real concern would be the action. But how hard could that be. The only reason the current real world action sucks is because they keep on having characters face off against split screen doubles, so of course it's difficult to stage a fight scene. I'm hoping that should we get a second season they get a bit more ambitious.
I think they wanted to perfect everything else before they go crazy with full-fledged XANA attacks and action. The first season of Evolution is pretty much a test bed for the future of live-action Code Lyoko.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott » 25 Mar 2013, 13:29

Ruby of Blue wrote:I think they wanted to perfect everything else before they go crazy with full-fledged XANA attacks and action. The first season of Evolution is pretty much a test bed for the future of live-action Code Lyoko.
That seems pretty logical. With the snails pace the story is taking right now I feel like we'll need another season or more to actually get all the answers we want. Plus I just feel like this is a show I want to see more of. Despite my feelings on this particular episode I still feel this is a really good show.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tsunamix
Veteran

Post by Tsunamix » 25 Mar 2013, 18:42

Just got around to watching the episode, and to be honest...it wasn't that bad.

I mean, yeah, it wasn't the best, but it's definitely better than what everyone's making it out to be (Believe me, XANA 2.0 was much worse). In terms of a potential hiatus though, it definitely isn't the type of episode you would want to start a hiatus with, I'll admit that.
Last edited by Tsunamix on 25 Mar 2013, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
My Fanfiction: Go Here. Read Now.

NEED ARTWORK FOR MY FANFICTION. IF ANYONE WISHES TO DO SO, PM ME.

SWORN TO SECRECY: Topic Here.
Fridays at 7 PM EST.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon » 25 Mar 2013, 19:31

Yeah I guess it could be good. I never actually thought about this season being a testing ground. They had better make another season!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links