[Evolution] # 15 - The Codeless

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Abraxas
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 15 - The Codeless

Post by Abraxas »

The-one wrote:but whatever was on those two pages actually appeared.

Odd's launchers,Yumi's staff and Aelita's new bracelet.

I took a good look at it.I wonder if they wanted to show it's back and front and its only one sword.
I don't think it was meant to be a design anyway.

normal sword was used by William and XANA-William used XANA-fied sword.that was in the original show so...

William has his normal sword.if there is a sword with XANA mark and there is a XANA-William either him possessed or a polymorphic clone so the new sword is used by him.
I don't think the two swords are the same, if they were to show a front and back view the xana symbol would be visible (in reverse) on the front/back view, corresponding to which ever side would have been the front. I think one is for Xana's clone and one is for real william. Just my theory though.
You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue »

As usual, I enjoyed the episode very much. I only wish I could understand it! Damn I should have listened in French.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Olivier
Veteran

Post by Olivier »

Ruby of Blue wrote:I only wish I could understand it!
If you could understand it, you wouldn't find it's that good ;)

For example, absolutely no explanation is given why William holds it against Yumi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon »

When William throws the sword and it almost hits Yumi, that was really cool. That being said if I were Yumi, it would piss me off that he would do that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ruby of Blue
Veteran

Post by Ruby of Blue »

Olivier wrote:
Ruby of Blue wrote:I only wish I could understand it!
If you could understand it, you wouldn't find it's that good ;)
Don't attempt to impose your overly critical attitude on me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Abraxas
Veteran

Post by Abraxas »

Epsilon wrote:When William throws the sword and it almost hits Yumi, that was really cool. That being said if I were Yumi, it would piss me off that he would do that.
Can you say "spoilers"???? :!: :!: :!:
You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon »

Well it's not really a spoiler, it has no impact on the plot in any way. Like, in no way does it influence anything, so I didn't consider it a spoiler. And besides, this topic is supposed to be about the actual episode. So why would there not be at least some spoilers here as the episode has already premiered?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xiao
2014 Most Outstanding

Post by xiao »

Yep, spoilers are allowed the episode discussion threads ;) See the stickied spoiler rule

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott »

Pretty good episode. Feels like they should really be using RTTP more often.

I didn't like the WIlliam plot, even if I couldn't understand what was being said I think I got the gist of the situation and it's just tiring to me. They would have deactivated that tower a lot quicker if William had just distracted it to begin with.

Sort of looked like Aelita's wig was going to come flying off when they were running. Speaking of hair, it was interesting that William actually cut Yumi's hair on Lyoko, I didn't know that was possible.

My ultimate problem with this episode is the same as many, nobody ran when they had the chance. Yumi's five feet from the tower, her move is walk away from it into a maze, good move. The specter is messed up, Aelita and Ulrich just stand there looking at it, again great plan. At least specters can now run and go through walls, they have definitely become a more credible threat.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
LaserArrow
2014 Biggest Contribution to the CL Community

Post by LaserArrow »

Well, I enjoyed the humor in this episode.
I laughed when the spectre was frozen and Odd walked in front of him only to get run into a second later.
Also, Odd singing Frère Jacques on the loudspeaker cracked me up. Crazy as well as I had just been thinking about that song the day before o.O

However, yaaaah, when the spectre was frozen and Ulrich and Aelita just stood there, that was really lame.
It was their chance to run and they just stood there. Come ooon.

And also, why does the group think it's smart to lock them up in the gym? I mean - why not have them play it safe with Jeremy in the factory, so if there is an emergency, they can go to Lyoko immediately? :s

The thing with the Xanafied William also felt dumb to me. Like, it could have been a cool idea buuut it felt so out of character for William to even seem like he was questioning what it was saying to him. William never was okay with being on Xana's side and he, even though in the original show made an arrogant mistake, wants the best for the group. But instead they run off from the tower, and aaahh I won't continue ranting. I did enjoy watching this episode, I swear I really did xD But the scriptwriting could use some polishing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links