[Evolution] # 15 - The Codeless

Discuss individual episodes in detail here. 1 topic per episode.
Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Re: [Evolution] # 15 - The Codeless

Post by Strangely_Scott »

xiaozanghou wrote:
Abraxas wrote:Wasn't it implied that if Xana were to retake all his remaining code from the Lyoko Warriors, they'd die in the process?
That was Odd's imagination running wild. Although you gotta wonder whether the weird side effects they got in previous episodes (hallucinations, deafness, blurry vision, unable to speak right) were because XANA or because of the codes they lost...
It's likely XANA adds these side effects to disorient and confuse the Lyoko warriors so that there's a greater chance of getting more codes. After all after the tower is deactivated the side effects go away.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Abraxas
Veteran

Post by Abraxas »

Strangely_Scott wrote:
xiaozanghou wrote:
Abraxas wrote:Wasn't it implied that if Xana were to retake all his remaining code from the Lyoko Warriors, they'd die in the process?
That was Odd's imagination running wild. Although you gotta wonder whether the weird side effects they got in previous episodes (hallucinations, deafness, blurry vision, unable to speak right) were because XANA or because of the codes they lost...
It's likely XANA adds these side effects to disorient and confuse the Lyoko warriors so that there's a greater chance of getting more codes. After all after the tower is deactivated the side effects go away.
That and the fact that those effects only came to light during a XANA attack, some time after they'd lost some of their codes. Why would the effects coincidentally act up then? I think XANA may simply have provided his specter (I think that's what it was) with the ability to do that to prevent outsider influence, self defense, incapacitate warriors, etc.
You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Agent Odd
Veteran

Post by Agent Odd »

Strangely_Scott wrote:
xiaozanghou wrote:
Actually, the side effects go away once they step onto Lyoko.
ImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Strangely_Scott
Veteran

Post by Strangely_Scott »

Agent Odd wrote:Actually, the side effects go away once they step onto Lyoko.
That's just because their physical bodies do not exist on Lyoko and their avatars only have a few senses. As we've seen in past episodes real world injuries and sickness don't affect them on Lyoko. And the second they get devirtualized the side effects return. They only completely stop when the tower is deactivated. So logically the sickness is tower related.
And that's what they'd look like if they were still animated. Happy? http://fav.me/d5dtuvd

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xiao
2014 Most Outstanding

Post by xiao »

It would make for a much more interesting twist if the side effects were because of some kind of dependence they developed on the codes XANA implanted. Within the realm of the show's writing, probably not likely... but an idea to stow away later for fanfiction...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The-one
Veteran

Post by The-one »

I still think it's just referring to William.something happens around him.
it's impossible for them to lose all their codes at once.
Yumi got her staff...Odd got his launcher.

I wonder if we see William's twin swords anytime soon...
A New chapter for an Underdog....
"Blasphemy" RULES!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Tsunamix
Veteran

Post by Tsunamix »

Speaking of twins...

One of my Facebook friends came across this picture from CL's Latin American page. So maybe we'll see the XANA-fied sword in the upcoming ep.
My Fanfiction: Go Here. Read Now.

NEED ARTWORK FOR MY FANFICTION. IF ANYONE WISHES TO DO SO, PM ME.

SWORN TO SECRECY: Topic Here.
Fridays at 7 PM EST.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Epsilon
Veteran

Post by Epsilon »

So that's real then? That will be really interesting! And if it's for episode 15 then we will see it tomorrow.
I guess it might be Xana talking to William or something.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The-one
Veteran

Post by The-one »

I knew it.I just knew it!

I hope William fights with XANA. it's going to be interesting.
my first random guess turned out real so...
it's probably XANA-William who uses twin swords.
I'm not sure but it looked like the swords had eye of XANA mark on them.
A New chapter for an Underdog....
"Blasphemy" RULES!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
LaserArrow
2014 Biggest Contribution to the CL Community

Post by LaserArrow »

Tsunamix wrote:Speaking of twins...

One of my Facebook friends came across this picture from CL's Latin American page. So maybe we'll see the XANA-fied sword in the upcoming ep.
Nice, could you give me a link to the CL Latin American page? I can't find it. (Especially tricky to search for it b/c I have no fb account.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links